Trade for Tots!
March 3rd, from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Located at the Searcy Hall on the Brevard Music Center Campus
The bi-annual children’s consignment sale to benefit Mountain Sun Community School, Trade for Tots, will be held at Searcy Hall on the Brevard Music Center campus. The sale will be one day only, Saturday, March 3rd, 2018, from 8-2. The sale is open to the community, and we welcome new shoppers and consignors. Please forward this info to any local friends, family, or co-workers who might be interested in consigning or donating.
We will accept all fall/winter children’s clothing in good condition, dress up costumes, snow gear, children’s furniture, baby items, strollers, shoes, toys, books, games, etc. We would also like to emphasize that you may consign any items that families might use with children, such as bikes, outdoor games, a kayak, TV, video games, or these types of things.
There are 2 ways to contribute items to the sale: donation or consignment.
Donations: If you want to clear out the house and don’t want to deal with sorting or tagging, you may DONATE these items for the sale and MSCS will receive all of the proceeds from these items. We must have these items earlier than consigned items so that we will have time to process them. We are ready to accept donated items now if they are ready. You may bring donations to the MSCS school office at Brevard Music Center. The deadline for donated items is February 23rd at Mountain Sun. Contact us through Facebook if you need assistance/pick up of donations.
Consignment: If you choose to CONSIGN, we would love to work with you to make this as easy as possible.
• All consignors get 50% of the sale price, and you determine that price.
• All consigned items must be labeled with the following information: your code (your initials and house number, for example, mine is “JBS216”), a brief description with size (i.e. “red t-shirt, 2T”), and the price.
• You can pin a label to the item, or use blank sticker labels and write the info on it. If using sticker labels, the larger the better! Tiny sticker labels tend to fall off and then we will not know who brought the item or the intended price. The larger address labels used in printers are the best. I usually cut them in half, and they seem to stick well.
• Toys or anything with small parts should be packaged together with a ziplock, saran wrap, or something like that.
• Shoes should have a label on each shoe.
• We have much more table space than hanging space, so we usually only hang coats, dresses, nicer items that may require ironing, or costumes. Most items will be sorted according to gender and size and folded neatly on tables. You should not bring your items on hangers, but rather fold them neatly in a box.
• If you bring your items in a plastic tote or container that you want back, please label the box and lid with your name.
• Consignment items will be collected in the Mountain Sun Community School office on the Brevard Music Center campus. These items must be received by March 3rd.
• You MUST come by on March 3rd at 2:30pm during the clean up of the sale to collect your remaining items or THEY WILL BE DONATED. We do not have space to store your items.
• Cash will be distributed when you come to gather your items after the sale on March 3rd at 2:30pm.