We Got This

Janna Carlson | Brevard, NC Volunteering is important here at Mountain Sun. For our children, it’s a way to serve the community and get a chance to make an impact on the world around us. Starting from the beginning, we all encourage…

2018 Opening Day Announcement

Kayla C. Leed | Brevard, NC Teachers, faculty, and staff at Mountain Sun Community School welcomed 81 students back to school on August 22nd, 2018. The highest number of children in 11 years of operation joined together with their families…

April 2018 Class Updates

Jennifer Stewart | Brevard, NC The Otters are exploring the colors of nature on campus, such as the butter colored daffodils and the purple sprouting violets. Annie and Morgan are teaching the kids to play wiffle ball and soccer. They are…
, , , , , ,

March 2018 Classroom Update

By Jennifer Stewart | Brevard, NC The Otter Class has fresh, homemade play dough and new sidewalk chalk. They have enjoyed a lot of outdoor playtime. In the classroom, they have been practicing making and eating PB&J sandwiches. The students…

Contemporaries in a Revolution

Nick Pearl | Brevard, NC Around the age of five, I had a best friend named Jessica. Our fathers worked together, we “played” t-ball together (if picking flowers in the outfield is considered playing), so we saw each other often. I remember…

The Power of Language

Janna Carlson | Brevard, NC According to dictionary.com the word language means “a body of words and the systems for their use common to a people who are of the same community or nation, the same geographical area, or the same cultural…

February 2018 Classroom Updates

Jennifer Stewart | Brevard, NC The Otters have had several parent guests come to share books and other talents this month. They enjoyed a trip to the local library for story time and a chance to practice their grace and courtesy out in the…
, ,

Volunteers

Brigid Fox | Brevard, NC My mom was a teacher, so growing up, I learned that when it came to school, always say yes to donations, and always say yes to volunteers.  Let the question of what to do with the donation or person answer itself. The…
, , ,

Cider and Conversation

Morgan Sprinkle | Brevard, NC  I just love homemade apple cider. I mean, what’s not to love? It’s warm and sweet, it has all the spices that make you think of the holidays, and if you make it in a crockpot, the entire house smells like…